Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Slowing My Roll Wednesday Wanderings

That's me trying to smooth some riled passengers of the Orient Express, Trent Dixon as Hector MacQueen, and Levi Herrin as Samuel Ratchett.


Oh, oy.  Is my mind cloudy this morning!

First, let me confirm.  This is Wednesday, right?

----------------

Ok, unless my phone and calendar are wrong, this is indeed Wednesday.

I'm not sure how that happened, but ok, I'll go with it.

I slowly roll into the week, with three more performances starting tomorrow.  If you haven't seen the play (which is all but about 100 of you), you really need to check it out.  It's a fun, fast-moving play.

My thanks to Julianna Lacefield and Kimberly Beck for coming to see it, and for the positive feedback about it,

-----------------------------

I can see from the picture above that I am a big boy, weight-wise.  Sigh.  Hard to change much at my age, but I'll see what I can do.  The foot pain has started to recede, so maybe I can resume a more rigorous exercise routine.  Which, of course, if I overdo, it will cause the foot pain to come roaring back.

Sigh.  What a mess.

----------------------------

My fiction writing, particularly on The Extra Credit Club, has come to a crashing halt.  It's a shame, as the first draft is about 95% complete.  Somehow, once and for all, I need to restructure things so that I have a routine fiction writing time.  I don't know why that is so difficult.

-----------------------------

I have not done a TV Fall preview like I usually do.  It's hard to tell what a new season is anymore.  Everything is so scattered.  I have sampled three new broadcast network shows, each with letter grade - Emergence (B), Perfect Harmony (B), and Evil (C).  The Good Place is my favorite returning show.

----------------------------

Obligatory political part that my Trumpeteer friends wince and skip (or decide to unfollow or unfriend me) - I would argue, of course, that he committed a lot more impeachable offenses than just the Ukraine thing, but it is easily understandable, already well-evidenced, and something the Trump side can not deny, only obfuscate.

The idea that the President and associates can simply refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry is patently ridiculous, and a cause of grave constitutional crisis.  You really think Trump is right in refusing to cooperate?  How would you have reacted if the Obama administration completely stonewalled the Benghazi hearings?  What if, instead of being mercilessly grilled for 11 hours, Hilary Clinton simply refused to show up?

------------------------------

Wanderingly Yours,

T. M. Strait
















No comments:

Post a Comment