Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Boss-A-Man Finds the Ott-O-Man


 

How 'bout that doggy?

Our church was finally able to bring back one of our big fundraisers - the New to You sale.  Hundreds of gently used items sold for a song.

Unfortunately, my singing wasn't enough, and I add to add Ten Bucks to come away with this GIGANTIC ottoman that I could put in front of my reading chair.

And, yes. Boss-A-Man was the first of our four dogs to use it.  It's great because he can watch me while I'm on the computer.  I loves my retirement dog!

--------------------------

I'm not going into great details about what I'm doing or not doing.  I'M RETIRED.  I'M DOING WHAT I WANT TO DO.  I don't want to be judged by the rat race anymore.

-----------------------------

If you must know, one of my big projects, organizing and promoting the sale of almost 9,000 comic books.  Well, I am happy to report that...

I HAVE A BUYER!

There is some work left to get the books shipped, but my first big retirement project is on its way to completion!

It's not a fortune - won't be able to buy a cottage near my grandchild, but it is more money than I would make working part-time in accounting.

-----------------------

The Supreme Court news continues to dominate.  Remember when I said it wouldn't stop at abortion?  Well, it's happening now.  Some state legislatures are moving to ban contraception, including criminalizing the use of IUDs.  One Arizona Senate candidate even is talking about banning condoms.

The party of limited government wants to be in your bedrooms and in your doctor's office.

----------------------------

Hope to go to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, put on by WACT.  Seeing the diverse cast for this show has renewed my enthusiasm to see it.  Everyone in the area should come out for this fantastic production.

-------------------------------

I guess that's enough for this Wednesday.  Got to move on to do whatever it is I'm doing in retirement!


T. M. Strait







No comments:

Post a Comment