Thursday, January 11, 2024

Dreaming about Waffles


 Poor girl.

Her parents posted a video about her obsession with waffles, and now it's gone viral.

The dudes above even set to song.

And now here I am, posting it as the main picture to my blog story, where another, I don't know, ten or twelve people will see it.

I don't know how the little girl feels about it, but I'm guessing the parents are pretty pleased. It's the apex of our society now to have something go "viral."

I'm not immune to this. My blog has been up since 2009, and I just passed 500,000 views. Or, the number of views that Instagram gets in about 1/13th of a second.

Would I like to have a big hit? Sure. It wouldn't hurt. What would be real nice is if I could make a tiny bit of ad money, but I received the death penalty on that years ago.

I do have one post that has over 112,000 views. That's Authentic Frontier Gibberish, a title borrowed from Blazing Saddles. I think that it just happens to hit higher in the search engines than the others.

It drops way down for my second-place blog story - I Built This Business! Me! Myself! I! has 12,600 views.

My third place is my highest-ranking fiction story - The Vigil at the Honey Dew, with 8,840 views. Vigil is part of the story collection, Crowley Stories, which features interrelated short stories set in a town near the Okefenokee Swamp.

Crowley Stories is my biggest writing disappointment. It should have caught on, at least in the area where I live, and it did not. Bad writing? Maybe. Bad promotion? Definitely.

As I change my schedule, I hope to return to more fiction writing. Does it garner many views? Nah, of course not.

Nevertheless...

Like the little girl above, I can't stop dreaming about waffles.

But, in my case, writing is my dream, and to break through where I make a tiny bit of money.  

Can't stop dreaming about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment