Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday Twitter Questions 012324

 Maybe it's X. Maybe it's the Muskaverse.  Maybe it's Maybelline.

I don't know.

Anyhoo, this is that occasional blog feature where I try to answer the first five questions posters ask on my Twitter/X/Muskrat feed.

1) What was your last research read?

Well, I really don't have to research much of anything. I'm retired. I don't do papers or non-fiction.

Sometimes, I have to look up (ha! - I mean GOOGLE) stuff to clarify my blog stories. Like the last blog story about the Detroit Lions, I looked up (GOOGLED) their playoff history (it could fit on a postcard).

I've had to research accounting, tax, and payroll information/procedures in my role as Treasurer of the church. I've vowed to eliminate any contact with accounting, but somehow, Church Treasurer got grandfathered in.

I read about history a lot, but that's just for me. Currently, I'm watching from Kanopy (a library-associated streaming service), a series of talks about the everyday person's life in different ancient cultures.

2) What sides would you add with beef short ribs?

I haven't had beef short ribs in a very long time. I love them, but they are not something we normally find or prepare.

My thoughts initially turn to corn on the cob. Also maybe a salad.

3) What's a good side dish for lasagna?

Man. I'm on a streak of foodie questions! Alison makes the best lasagna on the face of the earth. I never order it when we go out because it will never be as good as hers.

The only side needed is garlic bread with sprinkled parmesan.

4) What is the saddest death of a fictional character?

The death of Buffy's Mom on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It just came out of nowhere. For a fantasy/horror-themed show, it was just so shockingly real.

5) name a movie character who was perfectly cast

I don't know if I could come up with better than the character that was in the picture of this post -

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.




No comments:

Post a Comment