Friday, September 11, 2026

It's the Time of Year for "Beach Fever" - Rose Aldridge Column #5


 

I made a special trip to the library to retake the columns using the library's scanning feature instead of my phone camera.  Well, I failed to do that - at least, I can't find the file anymore.  But don't give up on me.  I'm still working on it.

To the best of my memory, Alison and I did not take a beach trip with Rose.  Most trips centered on antique shopping or on seeing Benjamin (during college and professional years).

My own experiences with beaches were similar to Rose's.  The first time I went to a Florida beach was at 17, when we took our last family trip (before college years) to see the then-new Disney World, followed by a trip to Daytona Beach. I sorely disappointed my mother and sister by buying a bunch of comics, and then reading them in the motel room while they went on the beach. I didn't see the problem.  They had fun.  I had fun. What's the big deal?

Most of my subsequent appearances on any beach were with the purpose of making sure my children didn't drown. In that effort, I was successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment