Friday, September 4, 2026

Opening Doors

 

I can't figure it out.

I can't see where we're going.

Every door I try to open only leads to more misery.

There is a way through this maze.  I swear it.  But they are like the eye of the needle, and no one let go of enough greed to allow them to pass.

Every citizen should be able to vote, but we only make it harder.

We should be able to mitigate and reverse climate change, but instead, we only go through the doors that accelerate it.

We should be able to increase our life expectancy, but instead we shrink it by rejecting science - vaccines, food inspections, universal healthcare -those paths they want closed.

I try and try to open the doors to a more beautiful existence, to bring the Kingdom of God closer to Earth, but I can't get them open.  They require more strength than just my own.

Help me open the right doors.

Please.

While we still have enough light to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment