Thursday, August 13, 2015

Lost in a Themeless Thursday



I'm lost today.

Lost in the wild woods of writing structure.

My head is lost in a foggy land of disconnect.  Work is stressful, my hobbies and organizations  are becoming more demanding (only in relation to my mood), my strict diet is starting to take it's toll on my energy level and ability to concentrate (at the same time that it is failing to make progress against my high blood pressure).

Don't get me wrong.  Life is going good, with a loving family that are achieving many goals and milestones, and extending love to each other.  I had a couple of friends want to have lunch with me Tuesday, and it had been months (well, for lunch with them or anyone, really).  People in organizations seem to like me and rely on me.  I have a good role in one of my favorite plays, The Diary of Anne Frank, along with my good frind, Kimberly Beck and her daughter, Emily. I got two books basically finished, columns in two newspapers, and a blog with over half a million words (some of them even read!).

It's just this darn fog.

Maybe when the extra assignments at work reduce...they should some next month, and even more so by November.

Maybe as I resume a less restrictive diet next week (still a diet, but at least I can have low-sugar cereals and a few ounces of orange juice).

Maybe as I get out of my Hamletesque funk as to what to do with my completed novels.

Maybe if I don't feel like I'm so alone as being the kid pointing out that the emperor has no clothes (that Trump is unfit to be a Presidential candidate worthy of support by anybody anywhere, regardless of your political biases).  Maybe my conservative friends will wake up soon and realize that common sense gun control is reasonable, that the Civil War WAS about slavery and the Confederate flag is an offensive symbol, that basic healthcare is a human right, that everyone who works forty hours a week deserves to have a living wage, that man-made global warming is scientific fact and has to be dealt with NOW.  There are other things, but this is a good start.

Okay.  Well, right now, this morning, I would settle first for four ounces of orange juice.

Then, with a clearer head, I could face everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment