Friday, December 11, 2015

2015 Writer's Contest Winner! Satilla Song by Terry Pinder



Our first place poetry winner in the 2nd Annual OHC Writer's Guild Writer's Contest is Terry Pinder, with his wonderful poem, Satilla Song.  Terry works for the United States Postal Service, married to Sharon Smythe Pinder (a very talented lady who recently led sewing classes at the OHC), and his daughter, Anna Jayamanne, a gifted actress and musician, whom I had the privilege of directing in The Dixie Swim Club.



Satilla Song
by Terry Pinder


An old familiar friend
Is tugging at my heart today.
I try to fight the feeling,
But my thoughts just float away.

My body longs to follow
But it can't.  Yet still I find
Contentment like a running river
Floods this troubled mind.

When I am heavy laden
And it's more than I can bear,
My burdens lift and drift away
Each time I get back there.

When I feel like I'm at the end,
There's one thing that I know.
I have somewhere to start again,
A place where I can  go.

So flow on, Sweet Satilla
Let your healing waters roll.
Yes, flow on sweet Satilla
And revive my weary soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment