Monday, November 27, 2017

Pictures Sell Monday Musings

It is times like this that I realize I didn't take any pictures of the weekend.  In this case, it's the entire Thanksgiving break.  Even though I know from the statistics collected on my blog, that blog posts with pictures are viewed more than blog posts without pictures.

It's mostly a trick.  People scroll through their Facebook feed and see something from me, and it has a picture, they're more likely to click on it to see more.  Of course, once they do, I think the reaction often goes like this - "Oh, look!  That's a nice picture!  I wonder if there's more.  (CLICK)  Nahh...there's just words.  Bye!"  But what do I know?  I get to pretend they actually read what I wrote.  Delusion is the path to grandeur.

I took no pictures of my trip to Augusta.  Alison won a two night stay there at the Marriot, and that made it a very affordable option for our 21st-anniversary trip.  So I have no pictures of the beautiful hotel, the city, the river, our restaurant meals (hey, some people do take pictures of those).

I got nothing to show that we saw two movies at the movies theatre over the break, Murder on the Orient Express and Coco Murder on the Orient Express was pretty good, an old-fashioned all-star vehicle, whose ending was not a surprise to those who've read the book or have seen the first movie version of it.  Coco was a movie that was slow to catch my interest, but when it did (about halfway through) I thought it was awesome.  We also saw the 2016 movie, The Birth of a Nation, from the comfort of the living room.  It was an important movie, that took a while to build to its central conflict, but it was significant nonetheless.  It went farther to explain America's obsession with guns than anything I've seen since Bowling for Columbine.  It's white fear that they will be called to account for their oppression and exploitations.

I don't have any pictures of the fantastic visit we had with my middle son, Doug, and his marvelous girlfriend, Paige.  She fixed us Bagels, and bread, and an apple pie that had the best crust I ever done et. They were at our house for Thanksgiving, as was our good friend, Anita Lynn, and had a great meal, and Thanksgiving Game Night.

I have no pictures.  I'm not an instinctive camera person.  I'll try to do better in the future.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment