Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl Monday Musings




Can't wait for the Super Bowl!  Woohoo!

Wait....what's that you say?  It's not next weekend?  They played it last night?

D'oh!

Who won?

Oh.  That team.  Well, congratulations, I guess.  Although the overdogging Patriots frustrate me, and I don't  feel too bad that the underdog Eagles beat them, I really didn't have a dog in that hunt.

Speaking of which, even though I didn't watch the game, I still had a dream about football last night.  I dreamed I was a starter for the Detroit Lions.  And so was my dog Pixie.  We were helping them win the Super Bowl.  I know.  That was a very unrealistic dream.  Not the part of me and my dog playing pro football, but of the Lions being in the Super Bowl.  What crazy stuff.

-----------------------------

For the umpteenth time, I think I have my semi-retirement schedule re-solidified. Working primarily on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  At least that's the theory.  My schedule has been going through more reboots than DC Comics.

I really hope to get a more consistent schedule so I can build more planned writing sessions.  But we'll see. 

--------------------------------

The continued stubbornness of the Trumpeteers to face the reality of the damage their "hero" is doing continues to frustrate me.  What is it going to take to wake them up?  It's hard to get into their heads and figure out what is going on, because they think so much more differently than I do.

--------------------------------

What am I watching?  Godless on Netflix.  This is a great 7-part western, that has both a classic and a modern feel to it.  I've seen the first six and hope to conclude it tonight.

What am I reading?  Sleeping Beauties by Stephen and Owen King.  Only about 100 pages in, but so far it seems like classic King, similar to 'Salem's Lot and The Stand.  Nice to see father and son doing something together.

--------------------------------

Speaking of father and son doing stuff together, Benjamin and I are preparing to perform in The Addams Family the first two weekends in March.  Things are coming along pretty good, except for my utter lack of dancing skills.  I am determined, however, to give it everything I can to achieve a level that is at least not glaringly horrible and distracting. Wish me luck!


Until next time,

T. M. Strait














No comments:

Post a Comment