Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Promise of Watching More Winter Olympics



I like the Winter Olympics better than the Summer Olympics.  Why?  I'm more of a winter person than a summer person, for one thing.  There are fewer sports to keep track of, and most of the ones they have I enjoy seeing.  Yeah, even curling.

Four years ago, I was having trouble watching much of the Winter Olympics.  It comes during tax season, and I was probably also trying to do other things (theatre, Writer's Guild, church, etc.)  I was disappointed, but I told myself that in fours years, in 2018, I would be retired and would have more time to watch.

No such luck.  Right now, my semi-retirement is more semi than retired.  It's another tax season, they need my help, and I'm going to help out as much as I can.  I also am participating in rehearsals for The Addams Family, where I will performing as Uncle Fester, and Benjamin will be Pugsley.  And tonight, I have another play that I will be performing with Julianna Lacefield, Love Letters, at Grace
Episcopal for their Valentine's Dinner.  Wednesday, Lent starts up with Ash Wednesday.

So my dream of eating bonbons and watching every event that I can will have to wait until 2022.  But I'll catch what I can, when I can.

It was very satisfying to see that the the Korean team came out unified for the opening ceremonies.  I don't think it would take long for Korea to unite again, if all the little dictators and politicians got out of the way.

Speaking of making problems greater rather than better, what Vice President Pence did was unconscionable.  Not standing for other country's anthems or participation, particularly the Koreans, makes us look petty, xenophobic and stupid.  I'm tired of the Trump administration embarrassing and endangering us.  When is enough going to be enough?

I'm sorry.  For those who are hostile to any mention of politics, that was probably too much for you.  I don't know what to see.  We live in dangerous times, and silence is tantamount to complicity.  And I will not be complicit.

Anyways, I'll finish this and check out what's available.  Hopefully, some curling.  Maybe some of the Mogul-ly stuff, or that massive NASCAR style speed race being planned!

Enjoy it, y'all!  Watch what you can!




2 comments:

  1. Enjoy tonight...and I love The Addams Family! Sounds like fun! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Letters was fabulous... see my new post!

    ReplyDelete