Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Post Dancing Wednesday Wanderings



That's not a bald cap.  That's me.  Bald.  I don't think I'd ever been bald before.  I came out of the womb with a full head of hair.  My Dad had me get a crew cut once when he was afraid I might turn into a hippie, but that was only one haircut (and I never did turn into a hippie - liberal politics, yes...liberal lifestyle, no).  Playing Uncle Fester was more than I imagined, and I fit the image of Fester much more than I expected.

-----------------------

My feet hurt.  Hopefully, it will pass and not be bad for weeks like it sometimes gets.  There was a lot of dance and movement in The Addams Family, and I'm glad I didn't get this while the play was on - it would have made things very difficult.

---------------------------

Tax season grinds.  Yes, I thought I was distancing myself, but I did not get completely out, and until I make money creatively, I need the income.  And yes, I understand.  I may never make money that way.  But I want to try.  Lord, I want to try.

----------------------------

But it won't be for the next few weeks,  Although I should have slightly more time now that The Addams Family is through.  In theory.

--------------------------

Speaking of theory (like the great movie The Theory of Everything), I was saddened to hear of the passing of Stephen Hawking.  He challenged his ALS as dramatically and valiantly as anyone ever had, and made contributions to the world that exceed that of even the healthiest among us.

--------------------------------

It may be going to a recount!  Glad to see that Conor Lamb may be pulling off a huge upset, and winning a Congressional seat in a deep red Trump district.  It's another conservative Democrat who may cause me fits on some issues, but it's a giant step in the right direction.  Not much happens unless the Democrats regain control of either the Senate or the House.


------------------------------

People are leaving or being fired at the White House in unprecedented numbers.  There may be no one left to turn out the lights.  I wish.  But there is a despicable row of people to take over the job if Trump should get rumped.  Pence followed by Ryan followed by Orrin Hatch followed by whoever the hell the Secretary of State is at that time.  Sad and disgusting, but Russian hacked elections have consequences.

--------------------------------

The Writer's Guild had eight people at its meeting last night.  That exceeds the last meeting by at least....7!  It was fun and spirited, but I had forgotten to research upcoming events, particularly cons and festivals, so it was bereft of new information.  And I did not include writer advice or writing exercises.  My bad.

--------------------------

Well, that may be all I have time for.  The tax season I tried to pull away from beckons.  One more month.  Sigh.











3 comments:

  1. I love it, you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised once I saw pictures how much like Fester I looked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costumes...you looked like Uncle Fester!

    ReplyDelete