Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Toiling Through the Fog Tuesday Tidbits

I am  slowly ascending from the reigns of incoherency this morning.

Sleep patterns shifting as I try to adjust to an ever changing schedule.

Took a goody chunk to fall asleep.  Then woke up an hour or so later, and took another two hours or so to get back to sleep.  Ibuprofen PM,  and later, melatonin, were used.  Then when it came time to rise, the mind remains clouded.

I need to establish a cleaner routine.  I require less sleep than most, and mu body adjusts in a way that only lets me get that amount, usually five to six hours.  If I get more one night, I sleep less the next.  It's hard to sleep an average of more than that five to six.

Right now, I'm getting less than that.  I think to straighten out, I'm going to have to get up earlier, and return to a schedule of walking.

Well, in theory.  we'll see.

-------------------------------

Now that I've kvetched, let me say that some of my conversations with others makes me feel like two elderly men trying to one up each other at the nursing home with tales of how much worse off they are than the other.  Your stomach hurts?  Ha!  Most of mine has been taken out!  You say the dinner tastes bad!  Ha!  I can't even taste anymore - the meds have stolen my taste buds!  You say you're constipated today?  Ha!  My last comfortable bowel movement was during the Reagan administration!

You say your Grandkids don't visit often enough?  Ha!  Mine put a restraining order on me!

You say you feel tired and burnt out today?  Ha!  That's been me since Sixth Grade!

And on it goes.  Maybe I shouldn't kvetch.  He who kvetches should be prepared for the flack-back super kvetches.

---------------------------------------

Does anyone really like okra?  I do not.

Okay.

I thought I had more to say about this but I don't.

---------------------------------------------

I realize that Vice President Mike Pence is no prize in the Crackerjack box.  But we can't reward the dangerous and criminal behavior, the boorish ignorance and blatant racism of the current President, just because we're afraid of Mike "The Handmaid's Tale" Pence.

It's not pleasant, but we have to face it.  Russian influenced elections have consequences. 

----------------------------------------------

I've heard some speculate that some Trumpeteers won't turn on him until the economy sours.  Jeesh.  I guess it has to hurt them personally before they turn on him.  What he does to others doesn't matter to them.

I don't wish ill of the economy.  I wish people would wake up on their own.

----------------------------------

I like pizza.

Okay.

I can't elaborate on that either.  At least not right now.

------------------------

The fog of my brain has lifted a little.  I suppose I must now prepare for the work I have failed to extricate myself from.

I need to become a voice artist for audio books.

You say you want to make a living reading audio books?  Ha!  I would like to make a living diving for pearls!  See?  Look, I already got the oxygen tank!  Nurse!  Can you move this fairy-tale soaked moron to another table?

And so it goes,

T. M. Strait


















No comments:

Post a Comment