Saturday, July 14, 2018

Case Closed: Saturday Political Soap Box 188

I tell everyone that I want some bad guys to do a bad thing.

Later that day, the bad guys do the bad thing I asked them to do.

Am I culpable in any way?

Don't think too hard.  It's not a trick question.

Yes, I am complicit.

That's where we're at now with the President of the United States.  On July 27, 2016  candidate Trump, in a news conference, asked the Russians to hack into Hillary Clinton's emails.  Within hours, that's exactly what Russian military operators were doing.

The case is now closed.

The dots are now connected.

All Mueller has to do now is paint the complete picture, so thoroughly that only the most rabid Trumpeteers will still be advocating for the treasonous orange con man.

Are we finally twirling toward the end of this national nightmare?

We should be.  The last election should be null and void, with the American people getting an unprecedented do-over.

But probably not.

What should happen and what will happen are likely two vastly different things.

We need more and more people woke. 

Those who have remained in Trump's camp, can I finally count on you supporting America and democracy?

Are you woke yet, all my theatre friends, particularly those from the Anne Frank cast?

Are you woke yet, my fellow parishioners from Grace Episcopal, a church well known for its tolerance, love and community spirit?

Are you woke yet, my co-workers?

Are you woke yet, my Bridgeport Michigan classmates?

Are you woke yet, my beloved Pierce Countians, who voted over 85% for the Russian backed narcissist?

We need you woke.

We're running out of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment