Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 In Movies & TV


Please note;  These are for movies WATCHED in 2018, not necessarily made in 2018.  I am presenting them with a minimum of commentary.  I may update later with additional comments.  We'll see.

10) Jumanji (2017) This was a real surprise, easily exceeding the low expectations I'd set for it.  Jack Black is a particular blast, taking on the persona of a male avatar inhabited by a teenage girl.

9) A Patch of Blue (1965)  This Sydney Poiter classic, where he portrays a black man that a blind young woman has fallen in love with.  Shelley plays the girl's mother, blinded by rage, jealousy, and racism.

8) Bad Times at the El Royale (2018)  Like a modern film noir, it builds an imaginative, twisty tale, highlighted by the great acting of Jeff Bridges.

7) Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

6) Hositles (2017)

5) Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018)

4) The Shape of Water (2017)

3) A Quiet Place (2018)

2) Isle of Dogs (2018)

1) Avengers: Infinity Wars (2018)





Television

10) Supergirl (CW)

9)  The Walking Dead (AMC)

8)  The Cool Kids (Fox)

7)  GLOW (Netflix)

6)  Homecoming (Amazon Prime)

5)  The Man in the High Castle (Amazon Prime)

4)  The Good Place (NBC)

3)  Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)

2)  The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime)

1)  The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)



I would love to track my favorite books and comics for 2018, but I did not do as good a job at recording them.  I will see if I can do better in 2019.

Sorry, this summary is so brief.  And yes, it is quirky as it is my opinion, and I have admittedly quirky tastes.

I will try to elaborate as time allows.







No comments:

Post a Comment