Monday, December 17, 2018

Caroling Through the Passage of Time Monday Musings



Another year of caroling with Grace Episcopal Church!

This year Benjamin experimented with his ukelele, playing it during O Come All Ye Faithful.  Well, at least once.  He's getting better at, slowly expanding his song catalog, but it's going to take time.

Living in one place these last twenty-one years, being in the same parish since 1999, you see the passage of time so much more than I was moving around every few years.  Some of the parishioners who were lively and fully participating members are now shut-ins, or at care facilities. Some have been there awhile.  Others have declined sharply in the last year or so.

I need to organize my life to reach out more to our people in need.  It's not easy for an introvert, but I have to figure out a way it can be done.

-----------------------------------------

I attended Christmas in the Cross, with a vendor booth filled with my books.  I did not do well,  Early rains kept the crowd down in the morning, but later in the day, there were more people.  Even when the crowds were better, my booth was mostly ignored.  I know.  I get it.  Many people don't read anymore. 

I may need to rethink things.  I may need to readjust.

We'll see.

-----------------------------------------------------

Accounting work is fading for the year.  I have a couple more assignments I want to take care of, but then it should be wrapped up for me until 2019.  I don't even have to go to prison this year - woohoo!

That should give me plenty of time to rethink my approach for next year.

I know that it sounds lazy to y'all, but I don't have any real objectives in mind for the rest of the year, except family, church, reading and a little writing, some TV and movies, and to rethink what it is I really want to do.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait




No comments:

Post a Comment