Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Walking Wednesday Wanderings

I walked today!

It was very brief, just down to our neighborhood pond, which looks like it is finally filling up again.

The last couple of weeks, my various foot pains have been too severe to walk.  But they finally subsided enough for me to begin to resume my pitiful exercise regime.

And I now I have a FIt Bit to help me count my steps!

And, of course, I forgot to wear it.  Oh, well.  One step at a time.

---------------------------------

I am taking a risk not having a picture at the top of the blog post.  It narrows traffic considerably.  But that's okay.  I'm trying to keep engaged in writing, and this might not be the jewel that must not be missed!

-------------------------------------

I missed 75% of the Oscars, only watching about the last forty-five minutes.  The awards looked spread out this year, no one film winning more than a handful,  I have seen four of the eight best picture nominees - A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody, BlacKkKlansman, and Black Panther.  Of these, my favorite was BlacKkKlansman.  Should Green Room have won?  I don't know.  I haven't seen it yet.  It ran very briefly in Waycross (or did it?  I'm honestly not sure), and we did not get to it, although we wanted to see it. 

The Favourite and Vice are on my list to see sometime.  Roma?  I'm not so sure.  At the risk of sounding shallow, a slow-moving film in another language is not my forte.  But you never know.

--------------------------------

My fiction writing has hit another roadblock.  Between my foot pain and increased work hours, my carefully arranged schedule has evaporated.  I'm not giving up, but it's going to be rockier than I want it to be, at least for a while.

----------------------------------

I'd say something about Trump's anticipated day today, but this blog post lasts a long time, and events will quickly eclipse that.  So, the key is, after today, who's left?  Who is still defending him? And what do you have to be on to continue to do it?

Wanderingly Yours,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment