Thursday, February 28, 2019

Beginnings of the Trap!


I've been desperately going through boxes of my old writings, trying to find a copy of the children's musical I wrote, Young Robin Hood.  So far, no luck with that, but I did turn up this file I started the first time I started writing History of the Trap -  when I was a  FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!

Talk about a long germination process!




I would take out this folder and add to it when I got to school in the mornings.  My Dad would take me, and I would have a half hour or more to write in the school cafetorium before anyone else showed up.  If you've read History of the Trap, you know that the setting is similar to where Lance Martin starts.

Yes, I had fake publishing names (not unlike the current Swamp's Edge Publishing), and the anticipated publication date - DECEMBER 1970!






The whole thing was written in longhand AND CURSIVE LONGHAND AT THAT!!!

I love to write.  Whether it's good or bad is for others to judge.

And all my life, even back to childhood, I have been struggling to find the time to stay engaged.

It's not always easy.

But I'll keep trying.







1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, I love finding stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete