Friday, July 26, 2019

Field of No Dreams


I had dreams today.  I had visions of writing, maybe tackling a penultimate section of The Extra Credit Club  Getting out a soul-satisfying 1,000 to 2,000 words.

But no.  My yard had other plans.

As I took out the garbage and looked at the length of our grass, I knew I was doomed.  It was already high enough to make our house look abandoned.  This was the last thing I wanted to deal with, but the rains of the last two weeks have forced my hand.

Saturday, my usual time to mow, we have other commitments. There is shopping that needs to be done in preparation for Benjamin's going off to college, including clothes and dorm room stuff.

Can't do it in the afternoons because it's too damn hot, and if not, it's because of afternoon rains.

This is one of the last times this season that I can get some help from Benjamin.   He is not up yet.  When he does get up, he will not be happy, because he did not know we were going to do this.  I did not realize until I took out the garbage, and realized we were about three day's growth away from our neighbors wanting us to move.




I do not have a riding lawnmower.  All I've got left is this old Sear's lawnmower.  The top part has come off, and it starts up after you've about pulled your arm off and you pray (or curse) very intensely.

THIS HAS BEEN A SPECIAL KIND OF BLOG POST CALLED A KVETCH.  YES, I KNOW THAT THERE ARE MANY SERIOUS PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD AND THIS IS INSIGNIFICANT.  bUT ONCE IN AWHILE, YOU JUST HAVE TO KVETCH ABOUT THE MUNDANE.  SO DEAL.

Anyhoo, it's 8 AM now, and I need to get started before the gnats, and mosquitoes get too bad.  I think I'm going to have to wake up the boy and let him know.

This should be fun.
















No comments:

Post a Comment