Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Reduced Range Tuesday Tidbits


Let's start with a completely unrelated, dissociative, and unseasonal photo.

It's still winter here, but who would know with current highs in the low 80s?

My experiment with no longer posting The Strait Line on my main Facebook feed continues.  Numbers are down but not as horribly as I feared.  That means, with rare exceptions, people were either not seeing them or ignoring them.  I know.  Hoping people will view and read anything may be unfair and too much to ask for nowadays.

Nevertheless, I persist.

Personal Health

I have been attempting, since the first of the year, to modify my diet and increase my exercise.  The primary goal is to prevent the prescribing of Metformin. 

I am recording everything I eat, accounting spreadsheet-style that accounts for several critical nutritional categories,  including calories, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, sugars, and sodium.  I am trying to get fiber to be 20% or greater of carbohydrate calories (e.g., if I have daily 100 grams carbohydrates, I should have a minimum of 20 grams fiber).  I also record any blood pressure, glucose, or weight readings.

Results?  My weight is going down, blood pressure is going down, and I have yet to make progress on glucose levels.  That last is very frustrating to me, but I don't intend to give up.  If I have to take Metformin, I don't want it to have been without a battle to avoid it.

At the Movies

The Oscars have been announced, and as usual, I have only seen one out of the nine movies nominated.  That's thanks to a guy's afternoon last Friday where Dean Crane and Chris Starling and I saw 1917.  I liked it.  It was like pretty much one long take without cutaways or significant time jumps unless the main character was asleep or knocked out.  World War I was a huge event that shaped the world and our lives, and it has largely been forgotten by most. 

I hope to see some of the other films nominated, but it may take a while.  I will see The Joker, although I am uncertain of how I feel about it.  Joker is a villain and a horrible, psychotic character.  I don't know how I feel about a movie that may make him sympathetic. I also look forward to seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

BenJerMan

He continues to thrive at Georgia College.  He got all A's his first semester.  At present, he has no roommate, as Vapor Man has gone elsewhere.  He may be assigned a new one, but so far, it's just him.  We may have to pay more money if one is not found.  Sounds fair, right?

That's about all I want to cover this time out.  With over 2,000 posts, the one thing you can be sure of - they'll be more later!
















No comments:

Post a Comment