Tuesday, January 7, 2020

The End of Christmas




According to my Episcopalian calendar, Epiphany was yesterday, and that brings the Christmas season officially to a close.

We took our outdoor display down Sunday, but it may be a while before we put away all the indoor stuff.  That's okay.  We're in no rush.  We don't mind the reminders of the season.

The picture above is of a display we have that sits on top of a blanket chest.  They're hard to make out, but the creatures there below are mostly dogs.  When it's not Christmas, Alison puts a small step ladder on the chest, and it turns into the Isle of dogs.  It's pretty cool.  I'll have to show you a picture sometime.

It was a nice Christmas break, spending time with our son, Benjamin.  He is back up at college now, ready for the challenge of a new semester.  He may also have a new roommate.  We're still waiting on word about that.

I'm heading into a busier season for my work.  I'm going to hang onto as much time off as I can for as long as I can.  I would love to get an established routine rather than each week being different.

That consistency may help me with my writing,  I will be starting the second round of edits for The Extra Credit Club.  My big new writing project will be the second volume of The History of the Trap.  If I can fit it in, I also want to do some shorter fiction to submit to fiction magazines and to resume my audio dreams.

I have health challenges I need to focus on.  I have three months to see if I can reform myself enough to avoid starting metformin.  I don't want to be diabetic.  It makes me feel like such a failure and a loser.  If I'm going to have to be, I want it to at least know that I did what I could to change myself.

As far as current events go, the world has turned darker.  The Australian wildfires have claimed some one billion animals.  Our ignorant, racist President has lit the fuse to a war that could consume us all.

There will be a trial in the Senate.  It will most likely be a sham, as Senator McConnell controls it.  At its conclusion, the Con in Chief will do a victory dance and claim exoneration.  But, hopefully, more people will know.  More will understand.  Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic here.

 Anyhoo...

It's now officially out of season, but what the hey, I'm out of control...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!












2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!! You are not a failure or loser!! Never! You will give it your best to try to change yourself. Never a failure, ever! Take care and Hope with the Votes...2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am going to do my best to improve my health. So far, it has been going very well.

    ReplyDelete