Wednesday, January 1, 2020

I'm Tom Strait. And This is 2020


Happy 2020!

Thanx and a hat's tip to Barbara Walters for a meme that starts the new year out right!




So, is this a new decade or not?  I guess the new decade technically doesn't start until 2021, but technicalities don't always rule the day.

It feels like a new decade.  If I say the twenties, thinking to last century, I instinctively put 1920 into it.  So, yeah, maybe 2020 isn't the start of this century's twenties, but...nah, it feels like it, true or not.


No personal goals here.  I just want to enjoy life and my family to the fullest.  I'll just do the things I love; stay active, be caring, inevitably stress about things I can't control, consume and participate in my great passion - storytelling.

There are things that I pray will emerge in this new decade - true universal health care, a Green New Deal, a higher minimum wage, greater unionization, and, of course, we all know what the super biggie is -  the end of the Trump Presidency.  Whether by conviction, resignation, or voted out, somehow, our national nightmare has to come to a conclusion.

Of course, there are many pitfalls to the decade as well.  Many negative trends need to be reversed, first and foremost, global warming. I know there are many reasons to be pessimistic, but as this decade begins, I would like to concentrate on hope.

Best wishes to you and your family as we embark on the journey through a new decade!






















2 comments:

  1. Hope...the Spayth family are staying Hopeful for many reasons and counting our blessings. This month our dear daughter-in-law is sworn in as a new US Citizen! Another voter against Trump. Keep writing and living your dreams... Happy 2020 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you, too! Congratulations on the new citizen! Despite what the Trumpeteers think. immigration has helped make us the greatest on Earth! Viva la melting pot!

    ReplyDelete