Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Continued Hobbilization of T. M. Strait



That's me, having to spend an inordinate amount of time icing my knee. 

Well, it's not literally me.  That's a picture of a woman doing what I've had to do quite a bit.  I stole it from the public part of the internet.  In theory.

Alison's Web MD diagnosis is arthritis.  It's more pain around the knee than something wrong with the knee itself. 

I should see a doctor, but most of the time they prescribe prescription-strength Ibuprofen and send me home.  I'm afraid to see a bone and joint person would take weeks like it did with trying to see a foot doctor.  By the way, some of the foot pain turned out to be arthritis-related, so Alison may be on the money.

Can you tell I'm getting older?  This blog is turning more and more into a health journal!

I wish I could spend more time home resting and icing my knee.  Unfortunately, I am not in a position to do that.  This is my busy season for CPA tax work.  Also, the church treasurer position I volunteered appears to be more time-consuming than I expected.  I have writing projects I need to get to, but my time and concentration abilities are in short supply.

I have been able to stick to my diet plan, but exercise is out the window.  Honestly, that happens a lot when I try to reform my behavior. 

I probably should write about other topics, but it's hard to formulate new stuff.


New Hampshire:  the more I see of this contest, the more I see The New York Times dual endorsement got it right.  There should be a fusion ticket of Warren and Klobuchar.  They represent the best of each wing of the party, and if we are going to defeat the narcissist racist bully Trump, as Hillary says, it'll take a village.

But that does not appear to be where the Democratic Party is going.  The order of finish in New Hampshire feels to me like it will be 1) Sanders, 2) Buttigieg, 3) Klobuchar, 4) Warren, 5) Biden.  I am a huge Tema Warren fan, and if the results are these, it will break my heart.  It will be hard, but nevertheless, she will persist.  I pray that I have underestimated her finish.

Academy Awards:  Yeah, I had only seen one- 1917, which one a handful of craft awards (sound, cinematography, etc).  I'd like to see Parasite sometime, but it can't be now - my current ability to focus on subtitles is somewhat limited.









No comments:

Post a Comment