Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Bird Feeder of Mass Distraction: Keeping Your Distance 27



We've put up a bird feeder on the side of the house opposite our garden.  Part of the reason we did this was to distract birds from the garden and give them another place to go.

Look, I don't know how well this is going to work.  It's a theory, ok?

Another part of it is that it is set up just outside Benjamin's Study window.  Benjamin likes birds.  When he plays online role-playing games, he's known as the bird facts guy, sprinkling his conversation with random bird facts.

So, we thought it might be something he would enjoy.

He has seen birds, but often he has to bang on the window to frighten away squirrels.  Yeah.  We're working on how to avoid that.  

I like birds ok.  I'm not enamored with them.  They're kinda like flying reptiles to me.  Some are pretty to look at.  Some just seem mean as hell.

Benjamin has at least one picture on his phone of the birds using the feeder and birdbath.  But he is still in bed as I write this, so I haven't ben able to get the picture yet.

That's ok.  I can use it the next time I have a bird feeder story.

Another series I can use on my blog!  Ka-ching!*


*sorry to imply that my blog makes me money.  It does not.  Like everything else I do creatively, it earns me between jack and squat.























No comments:

Post a Comment