Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Our Mighty Oak: Keeping Your Distance 23


Spread, mighty Oak!  Spread!

The dominant feature of our back yard is this rather large oak tree.

I wrote about it last week and used a picture of it from our front yard, where you could see it looming over our house.

So, I won't repeat all the stuff I wrote in that blog story.  I'll just let y'all enjoy the pictures.



I figured out that if I turn my phone differently, I'll get a different type of frame for the picture.  The first was a wide shot.  This is what I call normal.

There are a lot more settings to take pictures from, but don't press your luck.  Someday I might learn about them.  Today is not the day.

That doesn't even include Snapchat.  Like what?  You want me to put dog ears or a pirate eye patch on this beautiful tree?  I don't think so.



There are two holes at the base of the tree.  I have no idea what they mean,  I think they are slightly deeper than when we first bought the house.  But who knows?  A tree doctor, I am not.

There's nothing in them.  Pixie keeps checking to be sure.

Yes, I'm trying to mix my pessimistic posts with some that ....are not so pessimistic.

Trust me.

In times like this, it ain't easy.







No comments:

Post a Comment