Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Zoot-Shooting Zucchini: Keeping Your Distance 30

,

Who knew?

Well, probably most of you.  I sure didn't.

I thought maybe zucchini grew below ground, like a carrot or a potato.  I didn't know it grew above ground, and I certainly didn't realize that it flowered first.

Don't worry about me.  I'll catch up.




Our little garden is growing bigger and taller.  Alison has added two more pots.

We have:  tomatoes (four dozen plus now budding), carrots, broccoli, zucchini, lettuce, sweet potatoes, and a mystery seed that when it came in was only identified by country (Kyrgystan).  That last one has been planted, but nothing has germinated yet.

Sadly, I really don't eat tomatoes, except as ketchup or sauces.  Happily, Alison LOVES tomatoes and should have plenty to choose from.

The rest of the stuff I can eat, although I'm not highly enthused about the lettuce.  I can eat really leafy lettuce sometimes, but I prefer it mixed with some iceberg.

Our experiment continues, and I will keep you, my faithful readership, all 12 to 24 of you, updated!






















No comments:

Post a Comment