Friday, June 18, 2021

History of the Trap Vol.2 : Chapter 3 - A Week at the Farm Part 3

 I know.  This ain't much, y'all.  But I'm trying to get back to it.  I hope to be up to five to seven pages a week.  Please follow the thread label History of the Trap Vol 2 for more parts.

3

 

 

What were those sounds?  Was that a rooster?  Do I hear cows moong?  Is that a sound of a dog barking? 

The animal cacophony was interrupted by the sound of curtains quickly pulled back.  Bright light flooded the room.  I had to cover my eyes.

I saw a figure standing above me, but I couldn’t make out who it was. 

“Wake up, sleepyhead!  Time to riseth and shineth!”

She came more into focus as my eyes adjusted to the brilliant sunshine.  The auburn hair, the button nose, the gorgeous face.  “What are you doing here?”  Boy, was I groggy!

“You aren’t used to these farm starts, are you? Did I interrupt your twelve hours of beauty sleep?” asked Ginny.

“Give me a break!  It’s only my third morning out here.”  I pretended to swat at her. “And I’m not sleeping twelve hours, I swear!”

“Whatever.  C’mon.  They may need this room for…something else,” she said, mysteriously.  “Do I have to pull you up, or can you do that yourself?”

I had recovered enough not to have to suffer that humiliation.  I threw back the sheets and started to rise, only to suffer a different humiliation. I was only dressed in underwear, white briefs, and a white undershirt.

I tried to pull the bedspread around me. My face was a deep red.

“Good Lord, Lance.  I’m a nurse.  Well, sort of a nurse.   Anyway, you know what I mean.  No need to be embarrassed.”

“Uh, I’d like to get dressed now.  If you could leave, I can meet you in just a couple of minutes.”

Ginny laughed, A bright, joyous laugh that, despite my exposed vulnerabilities, pulled me into its infectious nature. “I’ll be right outside.  Don’t take too long. I’d hate to have to worry about your recovery and take your temperature.  Of course, all I have available is a rectal thermometer, so I would hurry if I were you.”

She left, and I dressed in record time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment