Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Plans Laid Low Wednesday Wanderings

 


Home with the dogs today*, as I was yesterday.  I am laid low by intense arthritic pain in my driving foot, fever, and some congestion.  Alson had congestion problems a few days ago, and Benjamin has them right now.

It makes it difficult to sit and concentrate on writing, but I'll do my best.

---------------------

We got a new electric lawnmower, and it works pretty good.  Only thirty minutes to charge up, and then it runs for over an hour.  It runs longer than I can.

One of the things aggravating allergies right now is grass pollen. Our grass is fairly high (and more weeds than grass).  I feel like I need to cut it on the off chance it could help with the family allergy problems.  Unfortunately, there has been a lot of rain, and if that weren't the case, I would still have debilitating foot pain. I feel real guilty about not getting out there, but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Oh, well.  If I can ever get it done, at least I have a great mower to do it with.

-----------------------------------------

I had hoped to get back into fiction writing.  But it requires a great deal of concentration, and between the pains and the meds, it is difficult to do.

But all is not lost.  It is giving me more time to plot out the coming chapters.

--------------------------------

I haven't seen anything about the next OHC Writer's Guild meeting.  If I can get my problems under control, I would go.  

-------------------------

We have a book/coffee shop coming to Blackshear.  I looked in the building that was constructed for it, and it seems pretty far along, at least as far as furniture and shelving.  I don't know how long it will be.

I look forward to donating books, and encouraging a special display of local authors (like me).

-----------------------------------

Is anyone excited about the Summer Olympics?  I look forward to seeing more of my favorite obscure sport, team handball.  I saw a match when the Olympics were in Atlanta.

It is a little bit scary.  Japan may be pushing it too early, as they have experienced a recent rise in cases.  Holding the Olympics is not worth people dying.

------------------

I saw a story about a recent outbreak in Florida in an IT department of a government building. Of the seven people, six got COVID, four of those were hospitalized, and two of those died (a very high casualty rate).  Only one escaped unscathed and did not contract COVID.  What was different about thst person?  They were the only one who was VACCINATED.

Tell me again why getting vaccinated is not important?

Wanderingly yours,

T. M. Strait



*yes, I know.  The picture above shows sloths, not dogs.  Hey - MADE YOU LOOK!















No comments:

Post a Comment