Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June 1 Biden Premium Update


 I promised that I would keep up.

I promised to maintain a Biden Premium, using the same analysis methods as I did with Trump.

Let it fall where it may.

If it doesn't show an improvement from Trump - well, all my Trumpeteer friends can dance around me and deride me.

I am not going to repeat all the math calculations.  I have shown the methodology several times, and if you are interested, you can find and read some of the earlier Premium posts.

To summarize:


Trump's Final Premium

288,285

That is the number of COVID deaths over what would have been expected based on our population, plus doubling it because....well, we have some people who don't listen very well.

Biden's May 1 Premium

11,513

This represented a substantial slowing of rate from the previous administration.  It wasn't ideal - there was still a lot of resistance in the country.  But it was lower than the premium from just a couple weeks prior, which I estimated at 17,000.

Biden's June 1 Premium

(1,615)

Wait.

What?

Why is that number in brackets? And in red?

Because it's a reduction.  It's BELOW what we would expect, based on the same criteria I used for Trump.

That's right.

The US is now doing BETTER than you would expect, not WORSE.

Thank you, President Biden.















No comments:

Post a Comment