Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ripping Good Yarns! Vote today for Your Hall of Fame Finalist!

It's time!

Yes, I was not flooded with votes on this.  But any new idea takes time.  I have faith that Ripper Nation will become more vocal as time goes on.

The list of ten finalists to vote on is a compilation of what little opinion I could gather, filtered through my own input.  As we gather steam, I'm hoping to more straightly go by Ripper votes.  Every nominee was mentioned by at least one other person.

The finalists are:

Alfred Hitchcock Presents
All In the Family
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Cheers
Dr, Quinn Medicine Woman
I Love Lucy
Lost
Seinfeld
Star Trek
The Twilight Zone


So now the question changes slightly.  Of the shows mentioned here, which one do you think is most deserving of entry into the Ripper Hall of Fame?  Which one is your favorite in this group?  If you don't have a clear favorite, or haven't seen much of any of these shows, still try to pick one that, from the best of your memory, may have had the most impact on television and/or the culture.

This list is very heavy on recent favorites, but there are some great classic shows as well.

Vote here on the blog - you may have to go the anonymous route if you don't have a google account, or haven't become an official follower of the blog, but that's okay.  Facebook friends can post in the Ripper group, or even send me messages.  Any kind of vote will bring great smiles to my face.

So vote, Rippers, vote!

5 comments:

  1. My top 3 are Star Trek, Twilight Zone and All in the Family; I'm going with Twilight Zone because I can still watch the marathons and never tire of the stories, even though I know each and every one. So many younger people, however, have never seen the older shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. between Seinfeld and Cheers for me, but I think I will go with Seinfeld

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Great continuing story, fascinating and complex characters, sharp and witty dialogue.

    ReplyDelete