Monday, September 23, 2013

Temporary Suspension

The Strait Line may be off for a little while.

My father, Eugene Everett Strait, died last night.  The name of The Strait Line comes from him and the newsletter he had while Principal.

There are many stories related to him, that I have written over the years,  and I will be posting them when I can them when I can.


For years now, I have watched my rock, my foundation diminish in physical strength, but never in mental or moral strength. And now, now that that the physical body has been left behind, his spirit, love and influence will continue to flourish. with me, Alison, my boys, my sister and her family, with Retta, with the hundreds of young lives he enriched and enhanced and inspired as Principal and teacher, with the friends he has met and the churches he has graced. I love you, Dad. Your rock, your foundation and strength, will always be with us.

I will be back on sometime sonn.  I learned perseverance and determination from one of the best teachers there  ever was.


Love

Tom Strait

1 comment:

  1. Don't wait too long. I'm sorry dear one, for your loss, and for my bluntness.

    ReplyDelete