Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stomach Flutters and other Tuesday Moanings

I had been doing much better on eating and weight control the last few weeks, but this was not a pretty weekend.

I had been dealing with a slight health problem that was finally diminishing, and it has brought my appetite back to full roar.  I didn't do horribly, but there was a bag of potato chips that I decided that the best way to handle their temptation was by eating them until they're gone. Next time there is a guild meeting, I will not be bringing the unused snacks home.

And I am dealing with the stress of another event.  I don't believe this is the type of blog where I vent these type of things too much, but suffice to say Doug is not in California, as was where in an earlier post I said he would be headed on September 1st..  He is here with us instead.

I have not said much about his marriage since the wedding posts back in November.  And I will continue not to say much, other than there are things that we need to support and help Doug with.  There are things that are hurting him, and things that are breaking my heart.  He has all of our love and we will continue to do everything we can for him.

Needless to say, food consumption has been one of the least of my worries this weekend.  I just have to trust that I will get back on course with it.

One of the best things about a Monday holiday is that it brings the next weekend that much closer, and for me, who does not work on Fridays, it makes even that much nicer.

I did not go out this weekend.  Alison went out to help her mother pick out a new car, and on Saturday went to Brunswick and Darien to pick up some antiques.  We did pick up some Real Bar-B-Q on Friday, and I had their pork chops at three different meals.

I did have two lawn mowers and two boys to tag team the lawn, and that was a real blessing for me, and helped my recovery continue.

I want to give a shout out to Wall's IGA, for carrying Analog and also Asimov's Science Fiction magazines.  I was able to pick up the latest Jack McDevitt story, the award winning best selling author who is a good friend of our Okefenokee Writer's Guild. I have been to big box retail bookstores that have not carried these great magazines, so super bravos to Wall's!

Well, back into the shortened work week I plunge, where for the hours I will be there, there is work a-plenty.  And another week for rehearsing Charlotte's Web.  And trying to build up both my blog and Wattpad.  And trying to get my stupid weight back in the right direction.

But my number one priority right now is my son Doug.  Sorry to be so vague, but any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Until next time,

T.M. Strait



1 comment:

  1. Hoping only the best for Doug!
    It is definitely in stressful times that I,too, find myself eating mindlessly. I have learned that when those times strike it is better to try to channel those feelings into something positive like going for a walk. By the way, you should know by now that you can't only eat ONE potato chip. :)

    ReplyDelete