Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Back to Work Wednesday Wanderings

A view along the California Coastal highway.


I'm going to interrupt my daily vacation log in order that I might improve my picture access, and consolidate my pictures with Alison's.  That way I can take the best shots from both of us.

For those who thought I was posting about my vacation real time - SURPRISE!  It's slightly paranoid, but I don't usually post about vacations until I am back from them.  So I am actually in the middle of my first week back to work.

----------------------------------------

I enjoyed what I saw of the soccer tournament, even having a better appreciation at the pace of scoring.  I had hoped the USA would move up slightly farther in the tournament, but what the did accomplish was impressive and competitive.  It is a great game, and I'm glad to see our country participating on the world stage.  Even if we were defeated by a country roughly the population of Ohio.

---------------------------------------------

My computer at work was down most of yesterday and all of Monday. Not having a computer in my profession is a bit like playing soccer without a ball or net.  Fortunately I had mostly outside audit work to do.  It is back now, and functioning better, so I get to plunge into all of that today.

--------------------------------------------

Saw a new show last night.  The Last Ship on TNT, about a large US navy ship (I didn't catch what it was - maybe an aircraft carrier, I'm honestly not sure).  It has survived a major disease outbreak that has wiped a large chunk of the earth's population, and the scientist that is working on a cure is on their ship.  I don't know.  It took an interesting concept and dulled it down quite a bit.  The second episode was basically an excuse to go to Guantanamo and kill all the prisoners.  Why?  It really didn't matter - just that it got plotted so they could do it.  Not a promising start.

---------------------------------

Our foster Ethan is completely recovered and ready for adoption.  She is going to make someone an excellent pet, and I sure hope it is somebody local.

------------------------------------

Yes, I have a lot to say about the Hobby Lobby case, but I think I am going to save it up and present it as a Saturday political soapbox.  Suffice it to say right now, the Supreme Court has decided that corporate personhood is more important than female personhood.  This is what happens, my progressive friends, when you don't vote in off-year elections.

Hump Day Greetings!

T. M. Strait





No comments:

Post a Comment