Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ripping Good Yarns: Best Comedy Award 2013-14 Season!

My legion of Ripping Good Yarn fans, I am proud to announce the fourth award for 2013, given in the category of Comedy Series!  Two awards will be given in this category, one will be the Ripping Good Strait Award that is solely determined by me because well, to paraphrase one of my least favorite politicians, Ronald Reagan, "I own this microphone!"  The first will be the Ripping Good Fan award determined by all of your votes!

Ripping Good Fan Award, Comedy

About A Boy received 4% of the vote.

Parks and Recreation received 15% of the vote.

A Young Doctor's notebook received 20% of the vote.

The Big Bang Theory received 23% of the vote.

And the winner with 38% of the vote is....

Modern Family!

This amazing family comedy scores ahead of The Big Bang Theory for the first time in two years!  Each episode is like a mini-concert of events bwtween the three inter-related families.  It;s hard to pick a single standout in this well balanced cast, although my favorites are probably Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy, the father who is 75% 13 year old boy, and Eric Stonestreet as Cam Mitchell, the more flamboyant and dramatic of the gay duo.  But my favorites can vary from episode to episode as different cast members shine. 


Ripping Good Strait Award, Comedy

Parks and Recreation!  

Alison and I streamed all the episodes of this program last year, and kept up to date this season.  What a great way to see a show, and what a great ensemble cast.  Leslie Knope is another Hall of Fame character, surrounded by an even more diverse and entertaining cast than The Big Bang Theory.  We love this show.

I had a lot of trouble getting votes for this one.  I reposted this blog story several times and got very little response.  It is only when I just listed the names of the shows in a post  that people finally responded.  That kind of breaks my heart, but what can you do?  Like Willy Loman, I can just take my briefcase full of blog, and keep trying to sell myself.  I am not averse to tilting at windmills.

The next set of awards will be genre specific, like science fiction, police procedural, mystery/thriller, horror, medical, and family drama.  Please let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

Remember, we're looking for shows with compelling characters, colorful and exciting plot-lines, and continuing story elements.

Fellow Rippers, I await your input!  Well, you know.  Whatever I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment