Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwing It Back as Far as I Can


Who that baby?  That baby me!  Who that Mama?  That Mama mine!  I found a baby album that has my first pictures in it, and this one is the first picture in that album.  Notice I already got me some hair.  I weren't ever no bald baby.



Now I master the stroller kingdom!  I am Lord of all I survey!  I am the King of....ah!  The sun!  It burns!  It burns!  Yes, the very beginnings of my sun sensitivity.



Hey, yo.  That's right.  I'm with my Mama.  This picture is later than the first since I'm dressed for colder weather.  Let's see, I was born in Michigan in June, so this is most likely.....AUGUST.


With my beloved Grandma Martin.  Good thing I got a coat on and my head is covered.  Wait...are my legs bare?  What th'?



My Mama and Daddy.  Good Lord, is he tall!  So maybe I'll be tall someday too!  ....OK, no such luck.  But at least my own sons got that gene from Gene and are all taller than me, even 13-year-old Benjamin.



Oh, yes. It's Michigan.  Where they bundle the babies tight and make them twice their size, bundled so think we can stand up in chairs.  All that's missing are the idiot mittens, the ones that have a string attaching one mitten to the other, so, as Bill Cosby says, you can pull on one mitten and smack yourself in the face with the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment