Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Clang! Clang! Clang! Goes the Trolley Day in Frisco!


The sun begins to set on our first day in San Francisco.

 Night time view from our hotel room.  A blur of lights and neon.


Morning.  You know what?  I don't care how earthquake proof they say the building is, I wouldn't want to live on a side of a cliff like that.


We took a cruise around the Bay.  The waves got real choppy, particularly around the Golden Gate Bridge.  Here's as close as I got to taking a picture of it  My footing was not quite sound, and I am grateful I did not fall, especially off the boat.  That would have been bad.


I got a picture of Alison and Benjamin waiting in line for the trolley.  It looks like they are by themselves, but we are actually part of a long line of people waiting to get on the trolley.  We had to wait about two hours to get one.  If you look carefully, you can see the long line of people on either side.

Please note that Alison and Benjamin are wearing jackets.  In June. In the afternoon.  My Southeast Georgia friends realize just how unusually awesome that is.  Some may not appreciate it, but I LOVED it!




Once we got on the trolley, the conductor warned us of significant delays up ahead.  And I got moved from my inside the trolley to the back near the conductor and the steering stick.  But all the wait and bother was worth it, for views like the picture above.

Yeah.  That's right.  This is the second blog story, and we're only up to Day Two!


1 comment:

  1. Love the SF pics. I could really appreciate the cool weather today.

    ReplyDelete