Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ripping Good Yarns - Vote Now for Hall of Fame TV Show!

It's time!

Yes, I was not flooded with votes on this.  But any new idea takes time.  I have faith that Ripper Nation will become more vocal as time goes on.

The list of ten finalists to vote on is a compilation of what little opinion I could gather, filtered through my own input.  As we gather steam, I'm hoping to more straightly go by Ripper votes.  Every nominee was mentioned by at least one other person.

The finalists are:

All In the Family
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Cheers
Firefly
Friday Night Lights
Gilligan's Island
I Love Lucy
Lost
Star Trek
The Twilight Zone


So now the question changes slightly.  Of the shows mentioned here, which one do you think is most deserving of entry into the Ripper Hall of Fame?  Which one is your favorite in this group?  If you don't have a clear favorite, or haven't seen much of any of these shows, still try to pick one that, from the best of your memory, may have had the most impact on television and/or the culture.

This list is very heavy on recent favorites, but there are some great classic shows as well.

Vote here or on the blog - you may have to go the anonymous route if you don't have a google account, or haven't become an official follower of the blog, but that's okay.  Facebook friends can post in the Ripper group, or even send me messages.  Any kind of vote will bring great smiles to my face.

So vote, Rippers, vote!

8 comments:

  1. Although I am devastated that Friends didn't make the cut .... I vote for All in the Family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this seems like different criteria than what I nominated my show for. I thought it was just my favorite; that is quite different from "most impact on tv/culture." Can you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My criteria is...VOTE! Whatever moves you...VOTE! I'll take any and all reasoning! That said, I proudly cast my annual vote for...Buffy the Vampire Slayer! WHEDON ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Yay wheedonverse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the impact of All in the Family was huge. I have not seen some of the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a really good long comment about Lost and Star Trek but it got erased in my submission!! ugh!!!! Since I'm irritated that my wit filled comparison has been LOST in cyber SPACE, I'll cut to the end.... Star Trek

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have sometimes had to write comments UP TO 3 times in order to get them to stick. It is very frustrating and the worst part of my blog. I have been unable to do anything about it, and if anyone with more experience than me has some suggestions, I would be glad to hear them.

    ReplyDelete