Monday, August 18, 2014

Sally Finds an Easy Chair and Other Monday Musings

Our foster, Sally, enjoying the comforts of home, as her recovery from heartworm treatment moves towards completion.


Sally continues to blend into our home, spending a bit more time out of the crate now,  She is a very enthusiastic and friendly dog, and wants to be a lap dog, even though her medium size makes that a bit overwhelming at times.  She loves to be petted and to be around people.  Her heartworm treatment is almost concluded, and she should be ready for general adoption very shortly.

Our weekend was an enjoyable one spent entirely at home.  Our only real trip was to church on Sunday and then to take Alison's mother out to Applebee's for her birthday.

Friday I made progress on two of my writing projects, Crowley Stories and The History of the Trap.  I feel like I am turning the corner on both projects, and should see the completion of first drafts this year.  At least that's my hope.

On Sunday I added another part to Stories from a Stony Land, which are an adaption of the stories and genealogical research that my father provided me.  This is at an earlier stage than my other projects, but I am enjoying it, and it will be something to share with the family.

I had another submission rejected by the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, but I got less depressed over this one, as I have a couple more things out, so I just keep hoping something sometime will break through.

Speaking of breakthroughs, I have been invited to an event celebrating the launch of Pierce County Magazine, as it may contain a story of mine.  Given my work schedule and play rehearsals, I probably won't be able to go, but I am excited that this magazine will begin.

I wanted to write a political soap box about Ferguson on Saturday, but yard work, family, and sheer inertia took over and I did not get one out.  Nevertheless, it still haunts me, mostly due to the horrible division in response I detect.  We all see something different when we look into the kaleidoscope.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait



No comments:

Post a Comment