Saturday, August 2, 2014

Step by Step



On the first step
I found a beautiful flower
A red rose petal shower

On the second step
There was a chocolate sweet
I sadly smushed with my feet

On the third step
Was an opened poetry book
Love it promised at a look

On the fourth step
Was a brand new roller skate
But it was missing its mate

On the fifth step
Was the carcass of a crushed bug
All snug on a tiny little rug

On the sixth step
Was a single solitary cent
On it I could smell your scent

On the seventh step
Was a purring black cat
I couldn't make it scat

On the eighth step
Was a 36D Maidenform
Cups stuffed like an invisible storm

On the ninth step
Was a silver handgun
Loaded just for fun

At the top of the steps
You stared down at me
With a merciless decree

You looked down at the ninth step
I didn't know if there was enough time
To stop you from committing the crime

I raced to get it first
But I was too far away
You were going to make me pay

Before you could make your final aim
I grabbed you and we struggled down
We each grimaced a horrible frown

The Maidenform caught on your bare left foot
And dangled around your ankle's soot

The cat screeched as we danced in it's space
The Maidenform draped its head in lace

The penny caused me to slip
The bug caused her to flip

The roller skate got hit by my knee
And then shot out as far as we could see

Her face smashed into the poetry book
Right into a large print love she shook

I tasted the chocolate residue
As my own face smashed bout in two

The rose petals flew as we went by
Their flurry clouded the eye

At the bottom, we reached for the gun
Whoever got it would be the one

To walk away

Well

After the other injuries healed, of course

I will miss her

Step
by
Step









No comments:

Post a Comment