Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Without a Theme

Yes, I know today is Throwback Thursday.

I just don't feel like throwing it today.

This seems to be a fairly recent invention.  I don't recall much about it even a year earlier.  It seems like an excuse to share an older picture on social media.  For some of us, that means YEARS ago, but for others than might mean last month.

Yes, I know my posts with pictures get more page views.

I just don't feel like hunting one down today.

So I'll just take the hit today.  Or lack of page hits, that is.

Yes, I know that I could rile people up about politic or religion.

I just don't feel like doing it today.

I could say something about the Israeli-Gaza conflict, but that might require more research than I can muster in my precious few minutes to write before I head off to the job that pays the bills.  Well, some of the bills.  Alison's job contributes mightily as well.  Suffice to say on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that both sides have legitimate grievances, and that as difficult as it may be, both sides need to negotiate in order to end it.  Or at least end the active killing of each other.


Yes, I could write a piece of fiction or poetry that I will enjoy but few others may see.

I just don't feel the muse this morning.

A part from one of my inter-related novel projects usually takes three to four hours to write now.  So even if I start one, I couldn't finish it this morning.  For a short story I have to have an idea on fire, which I don't this morning.  Poetry comes better at night.  I'm not sure why.

So this morning, this is it.  This theme-less broach of writing etiquette.

Or maybe musing on not having having a theme is like having a theme.

Whoa!

This is just great.

Now I have Keanu Reeves stuck in my head.







No comments:

Post a Comment