Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Back to Blogging Wednesday Wanderings

I have finished with my full time shilling of the Okefenokee Writer's Guild's first annual Writer's Contest.  I may repost a couple more times, bit it's pretty much WYSIWYG now.  The start is a little rocky, but I believe it will build and grow in future years.

Not that that will be the end of my shilling!

We have a second Poetry Night coming up September 19th.  I should have a flyer up about that in the next day or two.

The Dixie Swim Club is coming along.......swimmingly!  The cast is coming together quickly, and I believe it will be one of the funniest plays to hit the WACT stage.  It will be performed the first two weekends in October.

Flying Dragon has just had tryouts for Dracula, is finishing up Little Mermaid, and Flying Dragon After Dark crew will be doing Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I will have a blog entry posted soon about our foster, Sally.  She is a great dog, enthusiastic and friendly, and is going to make somebody a very happy pet owner.

Benjamin has joined the Pep Band!  I am very happy to see that!  That will mean a little bit more special transport as he stays after school some, but thank goodness he has Grandparents right here in town!

Work is picking up some steam, as we head to the final Corporate Tax deadline of the 15th.  I'm really not in the mood to deal with us, but when am I?

I just got the Fall TV Preview issue of TV Guide last night.  I hope to have an analysis soon on Ripping Good Yarns.  So far it looks like Gotham and a cloud of dust (left in the wake of The Flash).

How about them Detroit Lions?  Since it's just one game, it's difficult to say whether the Lions are that good, or the New York giants are that bad.  Only time will tell.

How about them Detroit Tigers?  Tied for first again, they are picking the right time to surge!

How about them Michigan Wolverines? .......ok, let's talk about something else.

The President is set to give a speech tonight regarding ISIS and the Middle East.  I don't want us to be dragged in too deep, but I recognize the threat, and I think, so far, the response has been appropriate.  Of course, the Republican party won't know what point of view to take until they hear the President's speech, but once they do, I'm sure, like magic, they will have an opinion opposite whatever the President takes!

Well, this a genuine "wandering", but it is good to get back to my routine.  Like a runner who can't get out to run for a few days, my whole sense of time and structure has been shaky.  For better or worse, this guy has gots to blog!

Happy Happy Hump Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment