Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Post Labor Day Tuesday Tidbits


This is how Sally rides out storms,  She curls up into your lap and falls asleep.Sally is our foster dog, and is now available for adoption to a forever family. Someone is going to be in for a very special companion!


We went to the Riverside Art Market in Jacksonville for the first time, and it was a wonderful experience,  Food, music, and a wide variety of vendors,.Benjamin got a magic wand, brought it home, pointed at Sally and said, "Liedownicus!"  Sally immediately laid down and rolled over on her back, staying perfectly still.  Did we train her to do this?  No.  She just did it, from the very first time Benjamin tried.

Another Labor Day, with all the wonderful posts on Facebook that I see reminding me of the real reasons behind Labor Day...NOT!  Except for posts from a few of my liberal friends, the intent and purpose of the holiday was completely lost.  I still feel like true economic recovery won't occur in this country until dignity and living wages are brought to the service sector of our workforce.

The gnats were out in swarming hoards yesterday.  That and high humidity made mowing the yard very unpleasant.  Seasonally, I get most disturbed by this time of year, as the sweltering heat continues, instead of the transition to Fall.  I am so ready for light jackets, cool breezes, overcast skies and gnat free days.  I may have to wait until January.  And then it's tax season again.  Bleech!

Tonight rehearsals start back for The Dixie Swim Club.  It's the first rehearsal without scripts, so it might be very interesting.  Thank goodness I have no lines, because the Director of this play is asking to have lines learned way early, and I'm not sure I could learn them that quickly.  Evil Director!

With my 10% retirement, and not working our firm's four hour Fridays, the best thing about Monday holidays is that it's just a three day work week.  Woohoo!  I could get used to this!

The pace of the OHC Writing Contest continues to disappoint me, but I have no one to blame but myself.  If you would like to submit a story, there is still time, however.  See the submission form on The Strait Line, or come to OHC.  

Here's to your tidbitting Tuesday!

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment