Monday, February 9, 2015

Americans Streaming and Other Monday Musings


This is the current show I am on a "slow-binge" on.  I'm seeing three to five episodes a week in order to catch up to the current  season, which I am putting on the DVR.  It is a well done show, and it pushes the edge of what you can get away with on a basic cable show.  The two leads, Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys give their characters depth and realism.  I love how the show is deeply ingrained into its times, intersecting with real events and real people of the time.


---------------------------------------

We have a new foster.  Her name is Joy.  She is a small dog, about Corgi/beagle size, of black coloring.  She is sweet and a bit shy.  She had a hard time in the shelter, as she was not a very dominant dog.  She has no teeth and needs to eat soft foods.  Pictures to come!

---------------------------------


I am starting Phase One of the Dash diet.  I have been flirting with it since January 5th, but this first phase is the one that officially starts it.  Basically, no breads/starches, fruits or sweets for the next two weeks.  This is supposed to kickstart  my metabolism.    Diet wise, I certainly need to be kicked, so we'll see.


--------------------------------

Got no sport to watch, now with football over.  Ice hockey and basketball are of some interest, but they generally have more games than I can keep up with.  I've watched some Indy and NASCAR in prior years, but I don't know.  I've liked the sport in the past, because it is the rare one where men and women compete on the same field.  But I've become more skeptical that  Danica Patrick or other female driver is going to consistently perform in the top tier.  Maybe when I hear or see more evidence of that, it will increase my interest in watching again.

---------------------------

I got a little too fired up in Sunday school yesterday.  My hot button of health care access got punched, and then I got wound up.  If you want to have a Sunday School class that is truly open and full of spirit, than you need to check out the adult Sunday School class at Grace Episcopal.  9 AM.

------------------------------

Progress on History of the Trap final editing has hit a brick wall.  My second edit is still in the hands of some others, and I am awaiting additional feedback.  Meanwhile, I have trouble finding the time and the will power to re-edit the novel myself.  Most of my other longer term writing projects seem to be on hold as well.  The chasm that is tax season is swallowing more and more of my brain wattage.

Until next time,

T. M .Strait







No comments:

Post a Comment