Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Ripping Good Yarns: Our Third Hall of Fame Movie



This is our third Hall of Fame winner, joining The Wizard of Oz and Star Wars in our Ripping Good Yarn Hall of Fame, Movie Division.  It is a about a prisoner who eventually escapes using a trick.  The two leads are played excellently by Timothy Robbins and Morgan Freeman, and much of the movie revolves around the relationship of these two prisoners.

The story is based on a Stephen King short novel called Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.  It's good to see my favorite modern writer already in the Hall of Fame.  

I would show you a vote but I can't.  There were very few votes, and they were scattered over months.  The Shawshank Redemption was the only one to receive multiple votes, beyond just getting one or two.

It is my fault for not being more persistent in soliciting votes.  It takes a lot of effort just to do something that is supposed to be fun. I found it hard, with everything else I've got going on,  to concentrate on it.

I love Ripping Good Yarns and the Hall of Fame idea.  But until I can figure out a way to garner more participation, I will probably suspend this for awhile.

Thanks to those of you who did participate.

T. M. Strait

1 comment: