Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday Tidbit Downpour

The rain is pouring this morning.  A dark deluge whose accumulations I cannot yet see,

The dogs refuse to go outside to do their business.  I have left them on the screened-in porch with the door propped open.

It is much colder up in the northern climes.  My native Michigan has experienced a number of drops of below zero temps (especially "feels like" days and nights.  Sometimes I miss the snow and more pronounced season changes of where I grew up, but I don't miss below zero temps.

Alison and Benjamin are sleeping in.  Pierce County Schools are on a "break" and they won't go back until tomorrow.  Not me.  Like Tom Hanks said in A league of Their Own, "There is no crying in baseball", there are no winter or spring breaks in public accounting.

We watched SNL 40, as did an unprecedented number of people.  It was a great show that brought back a lot of memories.  I watched it from it's first season, when there was nothing on quite like it.  In recent years, I have finally fallen out of the habit of watching it.  It just doesn't seem to be what it was, but that might just be an older person's preference for nostalgia.

I struggled mightily this last weekend to stay on the more restrictive phase of the DASH diet.  I stayed within it's boundaries of what to eat, even though that meant not enjoying the full range of the church's Valentine's Italian dinner.  I gave up Alison's Lasagna, and chocolate raspberry cake.  I increased my level of exercise.  I did everything right.  And I still gained back a pound and a half.  Sigh.  Weekends.  What are you gonna do?

We are trying to sign Benjamin up for a Robotics Camp at Georgia Tech this summer. This would be an amazing experience for him.  Cross our fingers and wish him luck.

Tax season is not even half way through yet.  Still about 54% of it to go.  I feel like my brain has been hijacked.  Nevertheless, writing is important to me and I will soldier on as best I can.

The rain continues to pour.


No comments:

Post a Comment