Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Fifth for a Fifth: Wednesday Wanderings

One fifth of tax season remains.  It sounds pretty good, but I am ready for a fifth of my own.  A fifth of ....Scotchy?  Bourbon?  Wine cooler?  Sorry....my knowledge of alcohol is limited.

It is hard to always stay upbeat with these things.  We all have our things, both big and small, that hang over our personalities an/or health, both physical and mental.  I tend to fall into slight valleys of depression and pessimism.  Now is one of those times.

There is often no rhyme or reason for it.  It's just a thing.  Sometimes caused by events, sometimes merely cyclical.

I get discouraged sometimes, living surrounded by people who seem nice and kind, but whose political and cultural and religious beliefs are tearing this nation and planet apart.

Calling homosexuality a sin is causing more harm and unchristian behavior than the opposite would.

Calling global warming a hoax is destroying any chance at a future for our children and grandchildren.

Attacking Obamacare without giving a damn who is covered or not covered, without any thought of any caring, Christian plan to take it's place, is unconscionable, and I'm tired of mollycoddling those who object to it in blind, unreasoning hatred.

I have always been kind of a short term pessimist and a long term optimist.  My faith tells me we are headed for a better world, that more and more will see the Way, and that tolerance and love will light a path forward.

But sometimes, when you are in the darkest part of the tunnel, it is hard to believe that the light will ever emerge again.

I meant to wander more, but I have already runned out of time.  I have play practices now, and I have to leave work earlier than I should, so to make up I need to get there earlier.  Contributions to the blog may be a little more ragged that next three weeks, but I will do my best to keep up.

That aso means I may notd have as much time to ebit.  Sorry


No comments:

Post a Comment