Friday, March 27, 2015

Rock of Days

Yes, the days slowly rock on forward towards the end of another tax season.

The changes will not be too remarkable, but I will get my Fridays back.  And hopefully, my ability to fictionate will return.  Woohoo!

But there are still about twenty days left.  Right now, the light at the end of the tunnel is just the distant flicker of a tiny match.  Oh, well.  At least that is better than the seemingly endless pitch black.

But what do I have to look forward until then?

Constant reminders of this:

Spring break belly flop.  Sorry for the blur - trying to enlarge it enough to see.  I may replace it if I get time later.  Then if I leave this note on here, it won't make any sense.


Oh, yeah!  It's Spring Break, baby!  something that I will be reminded of AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN , OVER and OVER and OVER again, constantly in person and in social media.

And do you know what?

THERE IS NO SPRING BREAK IN ACCOUNTING!!!

Especially in CPA firms that do taxes.

So I have to constantly see people sharing their joyous chunks of time off, as I sit in my office that feels increasingly like a prison, and realize that I am not a part of it, and may never be until I am fully retired from accounting.

Both Alison and Benjamin have the next week off.  I would love to be at home with them, go on little excursions with them, read the dozens of books I have waited to read, write a storm, watch all the latest movies (except Do You Believe? - please, don't get me started).  Heck, just sit on our screened in porch, drinking java with Alison.

But none of that is to be.

But do not despair, T. M.!

Fridays - they be coming back soon!

Goodness gracious!  Great piles of fiction!

It's almost enough to get me through the Spring Break pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment