Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lost in the Tax Swamplands

It's full on here.

Two weeks and a day to go, but what a two weeks and a day!

The brain space for columns and creativity is being soaked up by the balancing of numbers, the searching of forms and information, the divining of hieroglyphically composed trails, the triage decisions of what can be completed and what can't.

Exciting times.

Well, not really,  But there are times when it makes it difficult to think creatively.

And somehow I have to get my lines to the play I'm in (Dearly Beloved - it's going to be great - watch this space for details) by next Monday.  Oy!

And I need to get in gear to help plan the Studio part of the Steve Bean Arts Festival.  Oy Oy!

And I have neighbors who are going to start looking at my lawn, wondering how long I can go without doing something.  Oy Oy Oy!

And I'm sitting on a completed manuscript, and another novel  (or more precisely, a collection of short stories) that is about two thirds done.

Meanwhile, Indiana has gone mad.  I am trying to gather enough thoughts about that to make a coherent column.

And I'm still trying to get over that fish I ate Sunday.  I am so not a fish eater.  Oh, well. I tried.  I will have to get my good cholesterol some other way.

Oh, Good Lord.  I'm already out of time.  Time to make the 1040s.

No comments:

Post a Comment