Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Deceptive Wednesday Wanderings



The above picture has absolutely nothing to do with this blog post.

It is a deception to get you to take a look at it.

This is not a too uncommon trick used with comic book covers, also with books and magazines.  It's a way to entice readers in.

That aside, is that a cute dog or what?

I guess in the contest of size, the Pomeranian half won.  Not so with our Cocoa Bear.  She is a Dachshund/Spaniel mix that size wise is much more on the Spaniel side.  But she is a very beautiful dog.


Here's a picture of Cocoa Bear and Benjamin from a few years ago.  Benjamin is bigger now.  Cocoa Bear is about the same.

-------------------------------------

Tried out for a play Monday night.  I know.  Tax season isn't over, but I'm tired of being benched.  Next to writing, it's my favorite hobby.  At it's best, it's like getting in the zone runners talk about.  I love being onstage in that zone.

I probably won't know anything until closer to the weekend.  My success rate is pretty high, getting into plays, but I am getting older, and there are fewer and fewer parts that are age appropriate for me.  Ironically, from my very first play as a freshman in high school, I have generally played the oldest part in a play.  Now I just require less makeup.

--------------------------------------

Clearly, 47 Senators should be convicted of sabotage and treason.  Injecting themselves into the Iranian nuclear discussions in such a way that it damages and disrupts the President's efforts, and makes war more likely that will make Iraq and Afghanistan look pretty minor in comparison, if that isn't criminal, I don't know what is.  I would love to see the remaining 53 carry on the business of the Senate, perhaps with Elizabeth Warren as Senate Majority Leader.  Too bad the House Republican crazies didn't sign it, too.

----------------------------------------

We had a Writer's Guild meeting last night.  It is a great group, and I always be grateful to Steve Bean for encouraging me to start it.  I particularly love Ms. Grace Lee, our 87 (86?) year old writer, whose vibrant writing and personality light up any room.  She is a true treasure and is one of the very best things about our Guild.

----------------------------

It is rough doing business with the Okefenokee Heritage Center.  The memories still linger, and it is hard to concentrate.  But as hard as it is, I don't want to run from his memory.  I want to do everything I can for the organizations he so loved and cherished, both the Heritage Center and Grace Episcopal.

Until the next time, I wander on a Wednesday,

T. M. Strait








2 comments:

  1. In regard to the senators, what they did was dangerous, treasonous and did I say dangerous. they have all violated thier oath of office and should be ashamed. If there is legal action that can be taken , it should proceed. By the way I consider myself a free market conservative. so I have no liberal axe to grind. Their behavior sickens me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my reaction is somewhat of a satirical exaggeration, but I do believe what they did was very wrong and must be universally condemned. The Mideast is extremely complicated, with many moving pieces that all have to be taken into account. The Congress has a role to play, but this clearly is not it.

    ReplyDelete