Monday, June 8, 2015

Why I'm Not a Wedding Photographer and Other Monday Musings

This long distance shot is of the lovely wedding of Michael Lee to April Sheuring.  It took place Saturday outdoors, somewhere in the outskirts of Hoboken.  Not the Hoboken that's in New Jersey.

The first grand kiss of the newly married couple.  I got several pictures of this because it went on for awhile.  As all first kisses should.

The lovely couple take their first walk down the aisle as husband and wife.  Yes, I got in on the paparazzi for that.

What a day for a Lee wedding!  My good friend, Michael Lee  married the beautiful April Sheuring, in a very touching ceremony this last Saturday.  Michael has been with the Waycross Area Community Theatre for many years.  He was in the first play that I was in, A Christmas Carol, way back in 1997, and has been in many productions with me since.  He was my stage manager when I directed Maid to Order, and he has always been somebody I can count on.  His wife, April, along with Michael, are members of the Writer's Guild.  April is a fantastic writer, one of our very best.

There were many theater people there, including my Director from the last play I was in, Stanley Sinkfield, the director of the next play I hope to do, Blake Kildow, and my wife in Dearly Beloved, Mamie Jackson.  Most special of all was Michael's mother, Melodye Lee, one of the finest actresses I've had the privilege of being onstage with.

All in all, a fine start for a special marriage for two very special, cherished friends. L'Chaim!


-----------------------------

Benjamin and I went to the Waycross Mall  Thursday night to participate in Thursday Gaming Night, where a small but enthusiastic group of gaming fans play different table to games.  It was a great event, certainly more social and engaging than video games, and we look forward to future Thursday game nights.

----------------------------

Please give some thoughts and support to our foster kittens.  One of them, Sunbeam,  has become ill, with eyes matted and runny.  We are giving her medicine, that the Okefenokee Humane Society was kind enough to get to us last night, and we were able to start giving to all the kittens.  So far it has not spread to the others.

------------------------------

The Supreme Court is on the verge of some important decisions, one concerning gay marriage and another determining the future viability of the Affordable Care Act.  Special note to my Republican friends and Obamacare haters - if the Supreme Court rejects the case before it, then you  may suffer a slight setback, but America wins.  If the Supreme Courts rules in a way that weakens or destroys the Affordable Care Act, the country loses (including in thousands of lives that will be lost or hurt), but so will you.  Because when my side comes back to replace Obamacare, we will do it with a single payer system, and we will have the momentum of all that is good and righteous on our side, and your party will be reduced to a footnote in history.  So if the Supreme Court rules in your favor and guts Obamacare, celebrate hard for a few days.  It will be your last celebration ever.

All that considered, I think the healthcare apocalypse will be avoided, by a vote of 6 to 3.

-----------------------------------

Tomorrow, I join many of my BHS Class of 73 classmates on the other side of a major milestone.  I would love to tell you that it is just a number, that how you feel on that is only a state of mind, but some of my aches and pains this morning prove otherwise.  And for me, the real milestone is two years from now, when I can start collecting from a certain fund if I so choose.  Hopefully, over the next couple years, I will figure out how to make more than $3.15 from my writings.

Like maybe $3.50.  

Until next time,

T. M. Strait









No comments:

Post a Comment